Initiative for Victims of Abuse
Victims of abuse are usually people who had been vulnerable, helpless and powerless. Abusers are usually in a powerful and dominant position in knowledge, physical strength and/or position in society. In most cases abusers would have a history of abuse.
Abuse takes place in many forms – Sexual, physical, neglect and emotional. It is not only prevalent with children in our society but in all aspects of our culture. Statistics of abuse are nothing short of shocking. Eight out of ten children have been subjected to one form of abuse or another and grow up to be adults with varying adjustment issues, affected health, skewed relationship etc.
Aashwasan interventions help victims of abuse at various levels of well being. The Initiative for Victims of Abuse was conceptualized with a view to treating them at physical and psychological levels and helping them to move on and lead a healthy and happy life. It was created to bring hope to all those who have felt violated, hence were unable to take control of their lives and live a life of their choice.
The objectives of this initiative are:
- Treatment of the victims of abuse to overcome any physical, psychological or lifestyle ramifications of their experience of abuse.
- Rehabilitation of victims of abuse by bringing them in touch with their aspirations and purpose.
- Bringing awareness and education to society by working with families and systems and empowering them to support rehabilitation of the victims of abuse and the abusers (if they wanted to repent and overcome guilt & remorse).
- Forming integrated approach through various services and expertise in liason with institutions, NGOs, organizations and associations working for the rehabilitation of victims of abuse.
- Integrated approach to research and adddress the root cause of prevalence of abuse in our society.
Process of Rehabilitation
Step 1: Establishing the need and stating objectives
Step 2: Providing Treatment
a. Aashwasan Treatment Services
b. Transformatory Counseling
c. Family Counseling and Support
Step 3: Follow up
Step 1: Presentating approach and establishing common purpose
Step 2: Defining objectives and set a time frame
Step 3: Aligning Services and finalizing the program
Step 4: Implementing the program
Step 5: Monitoring
Step 6: Presentation of comprehensive study of initiative and defining future plans